TO KEEP THE
The Customs-Trade Partnership Against Terrorism
(C-TPAT) is a voluntary supply chain security program led by U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) and focused on improving the security of private companies' supply chains with respect to terrorism.
Through this initiative, US Customs is asking businesses to ensure the integrity of their security practices and communicate and verify the security guidelines of their business partners within the supply chain.
According to U.S. Customs and Border Protection, the benefits of participating in C-TPAT include:
* Playing an active role in the war against terrorism
* A reduced number of CBP inspections.
* Priority processing for CBP inspections.
* Eligibility to attend C-TPAT training seminars.
U.S. Customs and Border Protection has proposed some benefits to its C-TPAT partners that include:
* Reduced Customs inspections
* Reduced border delays
* Entitlement to a CBP account manager
* Eligibility for account-based processes
* Participation in the war against terrorism
* Certification with Importer Self Assessment Program (ISA)
JAGRO SVI# jagBro00647 | FF SVI# jagCon01143